Anne at Tales Along the Way has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Well, this is quite an honor. If I can be anything, being versatile is an excellent quality – and I that I strive towards. Thank you, Anne – you are so sweet, and I am honored! I came upon Anne’s blog by happenstance and was immediately pulled in by a moving story about a family member. Then I began reading about her amazing travels in India. Anne is a writer, a teacher – and a top-notch blogger. Please go and check out her blog – it is always a fun time!
My nominees, in no particular order, are below. Take time to take a gander through their excellent blog, and leave them a note if you like what you see and read. Not only are these bloggers skilled, but they are supportive and encouraging to their cohorts. Thank you to all of you for the kindness and generosity you have shown Curls and Carrots! Now, to share the love:
Shivaay Delights (Dimple)
My Little Moorish Cooking (Charlotte)
Josie B’s Baking (Josie)
Selma’s Table (Selma)
Feeding My 3 Sons (Gretchen)
Thesisterslice (Hannah, Sara and Amy)
My Favourite Pastime (Liz)
My Easy Chinese Recipes (Dan)
Food For Fun (Liz)
Kouzounas Kitchen (Krystina)
Chef In Disguise (Sawsan)
More Food, Please (Ada)
Chef Janet Rörschåch (Janet)
RULES of Versatile Blogger Award, if you accept:
1. Display the award image on your blog.
2. Mention and link-back to the blogger who nominated you .
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you think deserve the award.
4. Inform your nominees that you have honored them with nominations
5. Write 7 facts about yourself.
Seven Facts About Shanna:
- I have aspired to be a journalist or magazine writer since I was little.
- I have aspired to be a chef since I was little, too.
- Somehow my university education has been in history, Spanish and clinical social work. Probably because I am so interested in learning about other people – and helping those who need it, as well.
- I met my husband when I was 18. He was a graduate student and chemistry T.A. at my university. We dated for five years before we married. We have been married since July 3, 2005.
- I have one sibling, a “little” brother. We are four years apart. He is really tall, 6’6″, a U.S. Army Veteran and a Super Cool Guy!
- I was not raised in a family that had family meals or gatherings. This is probably why preparing food and eating together is so important to me. I love having a tight-nit family these days – even if we are small!
- My favorite book is The Chosen by Chaim Potok. I first read it when I was around ten – and many times since then.