I was nominated by Ada More Food, Please for the Sunshine Award! Thank you, Ada – I am touched by the heartfelt gesture. And, mazel tov on your award. There is something incredibly special about her blog. It is unique; it is dynamic; it is fun! Always changing – one day a recipe, one day a food festival. Always special – More Food, Please will bring a smile to your face (and a giggle to your tummy). Ada is also a supporter, cheerleader and cheering section for countless bloggers that she believes in – and she is always willing to answer any question that one might have about the ins-and-outs of blogging. Thank you, Ada, for your continued inspiration, dedication and happy aura. Now, keep on blogging!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Who would play you if your life was made into a movie? Giada de Laurentiis. She is a fabulous chef and has great acting potential. And, she is much prettier than I am! This is a movie, after all.
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel? I enjoy Europe. It would be amazing to summer in the South of France and take weekend trips to nearby countries.
3. What is the best thing about blogging? The connections I have made with fellow bloggers – and having an outlet for writing, photography and recipe development.
4. What is your secret indulgence? I have four – coffee, red wine, cheese, dark chocolate. Though they really aren’t much of a secret.
5. If someone handed you £1000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? I would either put it towards student loans or a college fund for my kids. I want my kids to have everything education has to offer.
6. What do you never leave home without? My wallet. What if I pass by a Whole Foods, the Co-op or a farmer’s market and have a fresh fig craving?
7. What’s your favourite meal of the day? Dinner. I always have a great dinner – satisfying and tasty. Dinner-time is relaxing-time.
8. What makes you laugh? My son. He does the silliest things, like throwing himself headfirst into laundry baskets and laughing away while doing it.
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? My friends… people who are fun, fabulous and appreciate great food and wine. Of course, Ina Garten is welcome anytime!
10. What was the last thing you Googled? A fahrenheit to celsius conversion.
These are excellent questions; nominees! Please answer the same 10 questions I have responded to. And… the nominations for the Sunshine Award are below.! Feel free to take a peek at these blogs – they are fabulous! – Besos, Shanna
Please take a stop by their blogs. You won’t regret your visit and will go back again – and again – for more fun and more smiles. Of course, stop by and see Ada at More Food, Please (warning – her blog makes me quite ravenous).
38 thoughts on “Sunshine Award – And Radiating Some Rays of Sun to Bloggers!”
Congratulations on the award, Shanna! It is well deserved. Your blog always brings a smile to my face when I stop by. Thank you also for the nomination–I feel so blessed to be part of such a vibrant community of bloggers!
Oh, I feel the same Ngan. Mazel tov to you – and your lovely blog. Keep. It. Up. ! ! ! 🙂 – Shanna
Goodness, Shanna. How are you keeping up? How lovely to see your well-deserved nominations. Thank you also for passing on the love. So many great blogs out there. Love being introduced to new, wonderful people.
Passing on the love is the best part – yes, there so many deserving bloggers. MUCH more deserving than me.. like you. Oh, my… I want everyone to visit your little piece of Rörschåch cooking heaven. Take good care, Chef Janet! I hope the writing is going well. 🙂 Shanna
Congrats! 😉 Loved reading your responses to these questions! Coffee, red wine, cheese, and dark chocolate are such great indulgences 😀
Thanks – and congrats to YOU Ada. 🙂 Are you also a lover of vino, queso, chocolate y café?
Of course I am! I’d go mad without a cup of coffee in the morning haha.
Only a cup? You are a very good girl. It is at least three for me. Oy vey!
I’ve become better since grad school hehe. I prefer to have a few cups, but at the very least one cup is enough to prevent headaches 🙂
Haha – oh yes – no coffee = major withdrawal = not good. My husband works 80-100 hours each week – with NO coffee or caffeine. Crazy, right??????
Wow–how does he do it?!
Not really sure. Adrenaline? 😉
Thank you again for this great nomination! I love the Sunshine Award. 🙂
It fits you and your blog – and you CA backdrop – so well. Mazel tov. Have a lovely night, Krystina. xx Shanna
Congratulations on your nominations Shanna! So well deserved – you have an amazing blog 🙂
Thank you, Melissa. My blog is a continued work in progress… much like me! 🙂 I am always honored by such generous words – thank you! – Shanna
So much fun reading your 10 answers. I look forward to getting to know more about you as I read your blog further!
Oh, thank you Kathryn. Equally; I feel the same. Your passion for the pen resonates with me. Have a lovely evening in your Northwest haven. xx Shanna
Congratulations, Shanna! Well-deserved, definitely! I love your answer to #6! 🙂
Thank you- very sweet of you to stop by and leave kind words 🙂 The answer to number six… real life story, for sure, Angie. Have a good day. 🙂
Congratulations Shanna, for your award! You are truly, a Sunshine! 😀
Aww, thank you, Fae. I feel the same about you – you really do radiate – and I saw that you have a Sunshine Award, too! 🙂
Congratulations girl. Have a lovely day!!!
Thank you, Liz. You, too!
Aloha Shanna ~ Congratulations to you! Love your blog. Thanks for sharing your healthy recipes with all of us. Ditto for me on question #9!
Aloha, Kiyo! Thank you for the congratulations! Question #9: Oh, yes – we do have quite a few things in common, don’t we? 😉 Thank you for the generous and warm words about Curls and Carrots. Your blog is beautiful, tasteful – and TASTY. 🙂 Thank you for sharing a bit of your food and Island paradise with me. Be well, Kiyo. Warmly, Shanna
Congratulations for this Sunshine award Shanna 🙂
Thank you, Charlotte. 🙂 You have an inspiring, award-winning blog, dear! Be well, Shanna 🙂
Congrats Shanna! ih ih your son must be really amusing 🙂
Yes, LIttlest Guy is a TRIP, for sure. Such a silly monkey. Thank you for the kind words! Congratulations to YOU, as well! xx Shanna
Congrats again Shanna! I was in the North of France this summer and it was so gorgeous, so imagine how the south would be…
Thank you. And: Oh, Sofia – how lovely that you are able to travel to wonderful places. Isn’t France breathtaking?! Most of my time there was spent solely in the North… just beautiful. I would love to read more about your experiences there – I will have to check out your blog for France posts. Have a wonderful night – and take good care.
Thank, you, Anne! The same to you on your award-winning, sunshine-filled blog. 🙂 – Shanna
Another award Shanna can only mean one thing… you and your blog are truly appreciated in our community! Well-done Sunshine! 🙂
Lidia – Thank you. Very sweet to say. I feel the same about your blog. It is truly a happy, warm place to visit. And tasty, too. 😉 Have a wonderful Wednesday. – Shanna
This is wonderful, Shanna. Congratulations!
Thank you, John. I hope you have fabulous Tuesday. Best wishes, Shanna