Brrr, it’s a cold day in the midwest and perfect for baking. Honestly, it’s never a bad time to whip up some warm, gluten-free morsels of chocolate chip cookie goodness. Your friends and family will love these (if not, give any leftovers to us)…
These cookies are soft and gooey inside and crisp and buttery outside. Pure indulgence.
Murray the Sealyham (woof, woof!) is waiting in the wings to nab one (or twenty!).
xx Shanna & the (soon to be five) Munchkins
Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes: Approximately 48 cookies
1 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon hot water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 fine sea salt
3 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a standing mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and dark brown sugar until smooth on medium speed. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to batter. Beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Stir salt, flour and chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl. Add to mixer and beat on medium speed until incorporated.
- Use a melon ball scoop to drop two tablespoon spoonfuls onto extra large cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, about 12 cookies per tray. Do not overcrowd cookies.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. After five minutes, transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy the yumminess!
©Shanna Koenigsdorf Ward, shannaward.com (2020). Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without expressed and written permission from this blog’s author, Shanna Koenigsdorf Ward, and/or owner is strictly and completely prohibited.
3 thoughts on “Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Good to see you back! I’m actually printing this recipe. I’m seriously terrible at baking cookies. But when I want them, I will try your recipe! Adorable family.
Yay! Sometimes I add pistachios or hazelnuts…
Gosh what stunning photos – and a lovely recipe, thank you… i’ll be trying this at the weekend!